Verb Recipe of the Month — February
February’s #VerbRecipeOfTheMonth consists of a healthy and hearty favorite of @paragon_performance: Italian Chicken!
- 14.1 oz. (400g) chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup (250g) eggplant, cubed
- 1 can 14.5 oz. (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (100g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup (50g) olives, sliced
- 2 handfuls basil, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size chunks. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the chicken until browned and cooked throughout.
- Add in the onion and eggplant and cook for another 2–3 min. until onion is soft. Then add the chopped tomatoes and reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Once the eggplant is soft add the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil and rice or pasta.
Serves 4, Prep Time — 10min, Cook Time — 25min
Per Serving — 260kcal, 10g Fats, 16g Carbs, 28g Protein